Barbeque fried cauliflower
Crunchy, sweet and delicious fried cauliflower, a perfect treat.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower 700g 700g
- 1/2 tsp Tsp salt.
- 1 tsp White pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbs Hot sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 cup Vegetable oil i would usually eyeball my frying oil.
Add vegetable oil in a deep frying dish and allow this to heat on a stove top. I would usually do this for 15 mins.
Wash your cauliflower thoroughly then pat dry with kitchen towel.
Cut into medium sizes then add salt and white pepper.
In a large bowl mix half of the flour and one egg together and add half of the cayenne pepper.
Pour cut cauliflower into wet batter and throughly combine.
Using another bowl, pour the remaining flour and add cauliflower, few at a time to ensure its completely coated and shake off any excess.
Once oil is hot, fry your cauliflower for around 3-5 mins or until golden brown.
To Make the sauce for the Cauliflower.
In a hot pan, add BBQ sauce, honey, hot sauce and half a tbs of cayenne pepper.
Stir this for 1 Min, we just need the combine the sauces together.
Toss fried Cauliflower immediately after frying into the sauce and Mix.
Serve Fried Cauliflower on its own or with a Dip of choice.
- These fried cauliflower are enjoyed when hot, aim to eat immediately after cooking.
- To make them extra crunchy you can add 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Just like every recipe, I always advice to adjust taste to personal preference.